Job Title: IT Field Support Engineer
Experience: 4 years+
Salary: Dependent on experience
A full driving licence and own transport will be required to perform site visits.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Working closely with customers and suppliers to deliver solutions for their ICT requirements you will need to be adaptive in your approach and call on the supporting team within PFH Technology.
· As part of this team you will be responsible for monitoring customer’s IT infrastructure.
· You will be responsible for identifying issues and taking preventative action to ensure business continuity for our customer base.
· In addition to this you will be a point of escalation for Level 1 engineers, working with the support team to ensure all issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
· The range of products includes but is not limited to Microsoft, HP, IBM, Cisco, Symantec, Citrix and VMWare.
· Reporting to the Technical Services Manager you will be responsible for providing technical services and support for a variety of high-end clients across a full range of technology systems provided by PFH.
Attributes of the Candidate
• Energetic self-starter with a positive/flexible attitude.
• Solution orientated with very good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate at all levels (verbal and written).
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
• Attention to detail.
Skills and Experience Required
· A proven history of being able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across a client base with varying infrastructure and services
· A minimum of 4 years of experience in both remote and on-site support
· Desktop Support- supporting, troubleshooting
· Desktop & Remote Admin- Administering
· Supporting all levels of Windows Server from 2003 to 2012
· Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies, including Exchange 2010 and Server 2008
· Providing support for the Citrix, Exchange, Hyper V and VMWare Environment.
· Providing Hardware and software support to our Enterprise customers
· Daily support for all backup related issues ensuring a timely resolution
· Consulting with 3rd party companies when issues needed to be escalated
· Working with all levels of Windows OS from Windows 7 to 8.1
· Working with 3rd level support on projects which include Office365.
· Successfully helping users to migrate to Office365 and solving any related problems
· IT related degree or relevant qualifications highly desirable
· Candidates with Microsoft Certifications would prove advantageous
ABOUT PFH TECHNOLOGY GROUP
Founded in 1985 in Cork, which is maintained by some of our employees to be the real capital, PFH is Ireland’s leading, indigenous ICT Solutions Provider, supplying centrally supported and managed ICT solutions to our wide range of Public and Private sector clients. We are also the largest, independent provider of infrastructure services and the most experienced end-to-end provider of voice, data and IT services.
PFH was named as one of Ireland’s Best Managed companies in the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Awards programme 2018 & 2019. We are positioned as a trusted partner who can provide expertise and support in technology by maintaining partnerships at the highest level with key technology leader’s such as Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Dell/EMC, HP & Lenovo.
Our client base, of almost 1,500 organisations is served from our offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway, where we currently employ circa 350 employees with 250+ engineers nationwide and counting.
So why work with us?
We pride ourselves in our work and delivery of results for our clients.
Your knowledge is nurtured and through access to further job specific training you can grow further too.
PFH has a collaborative working environment where we are working together toward a shared goal
We have great benefits including daily fruit deliveries essential for making sure you get that apple a day.