itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a SQL Developer. This is a daily-rate contract position based with our client in Waterford.
This is an opportunity for a Daily Rate Contractor to work on varying projects within the Data Service team.
* Maintain and acquire expertise in the development, implementation and support of enterprise data.
* Develop SQL Server objects including complex stored procedures, extracts and interfaces to multiple current and legacy systems using ETL solutions.
* Collaborate with data and application architects, business and production system analysts, QA analysts and other system owners in the data conversion project.
* Interact closely with our business systems analysts and business end users to understand requirements and provide accurate solutions.
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of Companies group benefits (EBG) business.
* Produce high-quality, well documented code that is easily maintainable following The Clients best development practices.
* Perform peer reviews of other developer's code.
* Develop meaningful unit test-plans, systematically implement and update them. Co-ordinate release management activities related to your deliverables.
* Understand that code performance is critical in an enterprise database environment and fine tune technical deliverables for optimum performance accordingly.
* Work in a multi-site team environment.
* Provide outstanding customer service and follow up.
* 3rdlevel qualification in a Computer Science related discipline.
* 3-5 years software development or other relevant experience in an IT environment.
* Experience of working in the financial services sector (particularly insurance, ideally group benefits) is a plus.
* Strong SQL coding skills (particularly Microsoft SQL) are required.
* Experience with ETL tools such as Microsoft DTS, SSIS or Powercenter Informatica is a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills are required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.