itContracting are currently seeking applicants for an Application Development Analyst. This is a permanent position based with our client in Waterford.
The Application Development Analyst will be an experienced IT professional with 3+ years' experience in the following technologies; MSSQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, IBM Datastage, BOXI and LOGI Analytics (knowledge of AWS Cloud would also be beneficial).
The successful candidate will display an interest in new technologies with an ability to self-teach if required, and will demonstrate a strong ability to problem solve, have a methodical and analytical approach to tasks, and the ability to build productive and sustainable relationships at all business functional levels while responding swiftly to changing business needs.
* Maintain and acquire expertise in the development, implementation and support of enterprise data warehousing and business intelligence solutions
* Develop SQL Server objects including complex stored procedures, extracts and interfaces to multiple current and legacy systems
* Develop high quality and innovative data outputs using Microsoft BI tools (including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), Logi Analytics, Crystal Reports and interactive dashboards
* Collaborate with data and application architects, business and production system analysts, QA analysts and other system owners in the implementation and support of current and new data warehouses and their outputs
* Interact closely with business systems analysts and business end users to understand requirements and provide accurate solutions and estimates
* Constantly produce high-quality, well documented code that is easily maintainable following best development practices
* Perform and participate in the peer review process
* Participate in business and IT project estimation activities
* Utilize business knowledge to collaborate and offer technical solutions
* Be self-guided and complete tasks with minimum supervision
* Develop meaningful unit test-plans, systematically implement and update them; co-ordinate release management activities related to the deliverables
* Understand that code performance is critical in an enterprise database environment and fine tune technical deliverables for optimum performance accordingly
* Work in a multi-site team environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline
* 3-4 years of experience in software development in SQL Server and in the Microsoft BI space, including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
* Experience with Business Intelligence, dashboard and reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal, Tableau or LOGIXML is a plus
* Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica or Datastage is a plus
* Knowledge of AWS Cloud is an added benefit
* Experience of working in the financial services sector (particularly insurance, ideally group benefits) is a plus
* Customer focus, service delivery oriented
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work on multiple, concurrent testing projects
* Good understanding of computer hardware and software skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.