Reporting to ICT Support Manager
Role Purpose/ Summary
Working as part of the ICT Support team the Support Officer is responsible for the maintenance and support of ICT Business Systems.
The role will focus on providing level 1 / 2 support to all users.
Provide dedicated first and second level technical support to both internal / external users through:
(a) Telephone support
(b) Online Support / Service Desk
(c) Desk based assistance
(d) Business Systems project roll out etc.
This will include the logging of issues, establishing severity levels, analysing and resolving in accordance to agreed service levels, follow up and ensuring effective closure.
Develop and maintain System Support standards and procedures and other documentation as required.
Write and maintain system documentation to support the handover from systems development to operational support.
Analyse call logs to spot trends and underlying issues. Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
Maintain the knowledge base for all System Troubleshooting Guides / How To manuals
Assist in the training and induction of staff on ICT Business Systems to increase user adoption.
Contribute to process development and best practice. Seek new ways to improve systems and processes.
Liaise with the development team to resolve issues and to progress into system deployment Work closely with Level 2 and Level 3 support teams when necessary
Liaise with 3rd party system support vendors as required
Support system testing where applicable
Any other duties that may be assigned within the general requirements of the role.
1. Communication skills – Level 3
2. Analytical skills - Level 3
3. Attention to detail - Level 3
4. Team work - Level 3
5. Customer service & support - Level 3
6. Flexibility & adaptability – Level 3
7. Problem solving & decision making – Level 3
8. Organisation awareness – Level 3
- 2+ Years working within a business systems / application support role
- Strong organisation and problem solving skills
- A high level of computer literacy particularly with Microsoft Products, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint , Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
Relevant Third Level qualification (e.g. Certificate, Diploma), or equivalent is desirable.
Other Relevant Information Desirable:
- Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
- Understanding of Irish language