Lead Network Support Engineer - Cork
My client is one of the country’s major software development organisations who employs a wide range of technologies providing consultancy and leading-edge software solutions to a verity of clients in the insurance, healthcare, retail and public sector markets. To apply for the Lead Network Support Engineer Role, please send your CV to Ryan.wannenburg(a)solasit.ie or call Ryan on 012449531 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Lead Network Support Engineer Role:
• Prioritise and manage end-user support requests
• Provide 1 to 1 assistance for end-users.
• Responsible for the governance and execution of DR tasks
• Perform software inventory, distribution, installation and licence management.
• Provide technical and high-level application support of in house and cloud-based systems.
• Perform recurring support activities related to end-user workstations and software for both local and remote users.
• Perform break-fix of both server and desktop hardware and software.
• Maintain and troubleshoot both local area and wide area network links, including firewall, remote access and VPN software and hardware.
• Oversee and implement IT asset management, including but not limited to servers, desktops, printers, routers, switches, phones and firewalls.
• Perform facilities related tasks as appropriate.
• Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures.
• Contribute to company business continuity planning and testing.
Desirable skills and Experience for the Lead Network Support Engineer Role:
• Recent experience with Leading and motivating a team to high standards would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in a lead or senior role in a medium to large organisation with mature processes and procedures.
• Experience or good knowledge of ISMS frameworks such as ISO 27001.
• Ability to mentor both junior and experienced team members.
• Experience of supporting users in remote sites.
• Ability to effectively manage own workload and to prioritise and delegate team tasks.
• Experience of Cisco LAN / WAN technologies.
• Ability to devise, refine and practise DR plans.
• Confident to explore and advise on opportunities to increase organisational efficiency.
#IT Support #IT Engineer #LAN/WAN #LinuxIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)