We have a new opportunity for a Graduate Software Engineer to join a software company based in Tullamore You will get the opportuntiy to be involved in the building of their global scale web applications and supporting management systems.
This is a Full Stack position. You will get the opportunity to work in a DevOps environment where you will not only focus on building Java based customer applications and management services but will also work to improve and support the underlying Cloud infrastructure and data layers, building skills in microservices approaches to software product development to create highly impactful applications that go above and beyond our customers.
• Provide customer support for our software, assisting with the timely resolution of customer issues and delivering feedback and improvement recommendations to senior engineers
• Design, implement, and test web-scale software in Java
• Assist with DevOps and Systems Administration activities
• Opportunity to build microservices to provide product features for customers or to enhance the management services that drive the our application offering.
• Aid Build highly scalable applications on Cloud infrastructure to leverage autoscaling and serverless technology
• Stay up to date with new tools and technologies and facilitate their introduction
• Actively participate in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
Skills and Experience
• BS/MS degree in Software Engineering mandatory.
• Some understanding of delivering software solutions at scale, incorporating Java, Spring, AngularJS, and Microservices
• Some knowledge of messaging frameworks (Kafka, ActiveMQ or similar technology) highly advantageous
• Some understanding of DevOps processes, AWS, Docker, Swarm/Kubernetes would be an advantage.
• Understanding of Agile/Scrum development process
• Strong interpersonal skills, especially written and verbal communications and an ability to work well in teams
• Analytical approach to solving complex issues
• Open-minded with a strong desire to learn
For further informaiton on this position please contact Gillian Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Gillian on 0906478104
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!