Becoming a Network Engineer with Capita IT & Networks:
Capita IT&N requires a Network Engineer, to work within the System Network and Operations Centre within the Education department. Working as part of our Networking team at our HQ in Newtownabbey, you will be responsible for support of customer networks and IT Network platforms & services. You work directly with a number of customers and with internal Capita support teams to develop and implement changes to production data & IT networks, based on Business requirements. You will also be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support across a range of network technologies.
What you will do:
* Maintain current level of service from the network team across Enni, and critical security issues as they arise
* Provide reactive and proactive support services for all Network components -Firewall/Switch/Wireless for the ENNI Managed Services contract
* Installing/configuring and maintaining new and existing solutions for the customer, providing and escalation point not only for colleagues but for Customer within the ENNI Managed Services Contract.
* Experience with Network and Firewall technologies
* Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching technologies
* Knowledge of System Monitoring Toolsets
* Experience of LAN and WAN network infrastructures
* Experience of WiFi technologies & services
* An appreciation of ITIL processes
* High level of customer service experience
* Proficient network troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques
* Ability to learn new technologies and apply knowledge to resolve incidents
* Ability to work well within a fast-moving technical team
* Cisco CCNA or equivalent networking qualification is preferable
About Capita IT & Networks
Capita IT & Networks are a division of Capita plc, delivering a portfolio of IT infrastructure and network solutions covering everything from strategic and technical consulting, through to full outsourced solutions. We're currently one of the top five providers in the industry, and a market leader within the UK public sector with the number one market share in local government, education and health. We need your technical know-how to support us in offering our exceptional, scalable range of capabilities.
Capita IT & Networks are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. We believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
* A competitive basic salary
* 23 days holiday (rising to 27)
* Pension, life assurance, holiday buy, a cycle2work scheme…and plenty more
* Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing and leisure discounts
Don't underestimate the fact that you'll also be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Michael Rosbotham on (phone number removed) for guidance.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership