Would you like to join a company in Galway as they establish their new R&D department here?
Since their launch 10 years ago this client has been profitable and fast growing with millions of users depending on their technology and services.
In order to continue its success and growth, the company is establishing a significant software R&D centre here in Galway.
This new team will be tasked with tackling core technology challenges that are critical to the company's success and will also be given the opportunity to influence the next generation of services and technology in order to drive the company forward.
The goal of this new centre will be to enable the company to expand its engineering, product development, and Data Science footprint and as this is their first operation outside the US, you will have ample opportunity to grow your career.
What you will be creating:
You'll be joining a team that works directly with the Finance team helping them create, build out, and support the core financial services systems.
The goal will be to implement critical features, supporting existing workflows, and work closely with the finance team.
The Financial Operations team uses Java to integrate with core services and integrates with Microsoft Dynamics 365 which uses mostly C# and .NET frameworks.
You will need to be comfortable diving into all these systems and making sure the financial reporting is accurate and correct.
Day to day:
* Clearly, understand non-technical users, and translate their requests into the technical execution
* Participate in requirements development, system architecture and work planning
* Investigate complex issues, in multiple systems
* Analyze the requirements and develop an application architecture
* Write clean, testable, and efficient code
* Conduct code reviews and code refactoring
* Communicate with, and support the finance team
* Help with interviews, and other mentorship at the company
What we would love to see:
* Experience working full-time in a professional development environment
* Detailed knowledge of Java or C#/.Net (we can work with both!)
* Knowledge of both Linux and Windows environments
* Ability to pick up new tools and technologies as needed
* Experience working as part of a development team
* Some experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365
* Some experience with ERP integrations
* Experience supporting a finance team