QA Automation Specialist
The successful candidate will join a small but ambitious digital product team delivering innovative and engaging solutions for health and safety. Being the first QA engineer you will have strong influence and a high level of autonomy over an almost green field product suite. This exciting challenge is ideal for an enterprising, hardworking and self-motivated QA Automation engineer looking to take on more responsibility. The role requires working with all team members to help ensure outstanding quality with high velocity. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the QA function and advise on practices, tools and strategy.
To apply for the QA Automation Specialist role, please send your CV to Shane.carton(a)solasit.ie or call Shane on 015367384 for more information.
Responsibilities of the QA Automation Specialist Role:
• Design and implement test automation frameworks and support engineering practices
• Sign off on quality of the applications as part of release cycle
• Manage and promote the use of test automation tools.
• Planning, managing and executing test cases and automation strategies for mobile and web applications
• Automation analysis - identifying automation value and efficiency gains
• Create and apply good engineering practices and coding standards
• Committed to helping the Agile Team in any way possible to deliver on its goals
Required Skills and Experience for the QA Automation Specialist Role:
• 3+ years testing with 2+ years automation experience in a business environment
• Experienced in the definition, creation and management of automation frameworks, using functional and non-functional automation tools
• Experienced with Appium, Selenium Web Driver, Protractor, Cucumber or similar
• Strong coding skills in an object-oriented language
• Offer an in-depth understanding of testing throughout the product lifecycle, both at code-level (unit testing) and application-level (system testing)
• Strong analytical skills for defining/extracting automation requirements
• Experienced in working with databases and a good knowledge of HTTP, mobile and web technologies
• Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, XP, TDD and BDD
• Experienced in influencing engineering teams and requirements processes to ensure testability of deliverables
• Ability to write clear, concise, well-documented code that adheres to commercial standards.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367384)