Software Support Engineer - Dublin
My Client is currently seeking a Software Support Engineer to join their growing start-up based in South Dublin. Successful candidates will act as a liaison between customers, developers and the support team making sure that knowledge is shared across all individuals involved.
Responsibilities of the Software Support Engineer role:
• Act as a liaison between customers, Developers and the support team making sure that knowledge is shared across all individuals involved.
• Analyze platform related incidents, research and provide solutions for our B2B customers
• Troubleshoot complex problems in order to provide the best available solution or workaround within agreed service levels
• Document solutions to known issues and product queries
• Develop technical solutions and document in our internal knowledge base
• Liaise with Development and Product teams in order to identify defects and missing product functionality prior to new releases
• Document issues in a CRM system and defects in our engineering tracking tool
• Collaborate with other employees by providing important customer feedback, process‐ improvement suggestions, new troubleshooting tips and other actions that involve improving our product
• Monitor the dashboards and alerts raised for our cloud services
• Review software and systems to identify potential or existing problems
Required Skills and Qualifications for the Software Support Engineer role:
• Computer science degree preferable
• General Programming Skills (C#/.Net knowledge), Microsoft Azure working experience very beneficial
• Cloud working experience (services, networking).
• Analyzing Information, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process.
• Flexibility with working hours: This is a 24/7 support environment. This can be either remote working or on-call.
Preferred Qualities for the Software Engineer role:
• Passionate about learning new concepts and technologies
• Excellent problem solving & analytical ability
• Strong team player and comfortable working on own initiative
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively explain a solution to a customer's problems
• Strong time management and multi-tasking capabilities
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367384)