Aspira are currently looking for a Technical Business Analyst in Cork.
Reporting to the IT Digital Manager in Cork, the role of the Business Analyst is to:
• Support the Business and Change Management Team in defining business requirements for changes to existing systems and the design of new applications.
• Analyse and document the functional requirements for the business, The Development team, the Testing team, and other stakeholders within IT and the company.
• Collaborate with the project team to prioritise requirements and assist the product owner with managing the product backlog.
• Work closely with the business, developers and testers to resolve issues throughout the development lifecycle.
• Support projects from inception through the various stages of the development lifecycle into Production and Implementation.
• Record and report on projects on a regular basis, and monitor progress of projects through the development lifecycle.
• The Business Analyst may be required to work on a number of projects at the same time, depending on project size and complexity.
• The Business Analyst will be responsible for delivering changes / projects in an agreed timeframe, and according to the existing Processes and Procedures.
The role and associated responsibilities may change at a future date, in response to IT demands or constraints.
• Design solutions that best support the business requirements.
• Act as a functional expert / liaison between the business teams, stakeholders and development teams and assist with the development of user stories.
• Define and agree the scope of each project.
• Write Functional Specifications.
• Monitor, and report on the progress of projects.
• Assist in the production of business cases.
• Assist in production of estimates.
• Identify project assumptions, constraints and risks.
• Record, track, and resolve project issues.
• Work with a team to ensure quality assurance.
• Assist in the implementation of a testing strategy for related projects.
• Adhere to the company IT Project Methodology & Standards.
• Gain credibility and establish excellent relationships with the key business stakeholders.
• Maintain a positive and favourable approach to change.
• Must be able to work on own initiative in a demanding environment.
• Show strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Work with others, building and maintaining strong professional relationships.
• Work on multiple projects concurrently and to move between technologies.
Business & Customer
• Learn and understand complex business processes.
• Contribute to the management of relevant partner relationships in the business and with suppliers/3rd parties.
• Support the business in the review and development of new initiatives and opportunities.
Risk & Control
• Ensure that risks are identified and managed in a proactive manner and all work practices and processes are fully compliant with company policies and its regulatory requirements.
• Ensure Audit actions are prioritised and resolved speedily.
Experience and Education
• Analysis experience of end user systems and applications.
• Development environments and customer delivery systems.
• Understanding of Web Services & API’s.
• Managing & tracking requirements.
• IT development processes, procedures and standards.
• Software Development lifecycle in particular how it relates to Mainframe and Client Server systems.
• Change Management.
• Project Delivery.
• 3+ years’ experience.
• Analysis or Development experience of Client Server Systems.
• Experience in Analysis of systems using ASP.NET / SQL2008 / Web Services / API’s.
• Creating functional Spec’s.
• Using bug tracking tools such as Jira.
• An understanding of security compliance (ISO).
• Working with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Further Expected Knowledge & Skills
• Commercial / Market Acumen - knowledge of IT trends and innovations that are occurring in the market place.
• Customer Focus and Relationship Management - understanding the importance of delivering customer focused solutions.
• Demonstrate flexibility in delivering on business priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• A formal business analysis qualification (e.g. PRINCE, ISEB Business analysis), whilst not mandatory, would be a distinct advantage, or a 3rd level qualification in an appropriate discipline or appropriate experience level.
• Formal Project Management skills would also be a distinct advantage.