Role: Network Engineer
Term: 9-11 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Gempool is on the look for 3 talented Junior or intermediate level Network Engineers for an onsite contract with one of the largest and most exciting IT companies in the world.
Our Engineers are most concerned with how to fix automation failures and improve workflows to increase their software tools ability to automatically solve the problems as fast as possible.
For the role you will be expected to provide high quality second and third tier network and network event management for network operations. You will demonstrate a solid knowledge of networking and scripting (desirable), and have experience in participating in operational network support for large-scale IP networks. You will have a proven track record of success in driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively. A love for working with new technologies and pushing improvements on existing technology is important.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills.
Here are some of your daily responsibilities:
* Help managing on of the largest network in the world
* Provide critical network operations support to internal and external customers to diagnose, remediate and trouble shoot large-scale networking events
* Support and maintain the Data Center networks - Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes to mitigate complex issues
* Cooperate with our broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden by enhancing auto-remediation tools and workflows.
* Management process - Collaborate with level two and level-three engineers.
* Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues with a focus on removing manual actions from mitigation activities
* Effective escalation of issues to mid and senior-level management for full resolution
* Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
* Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
* Complete customer requests via internal trouble ticketing systems
If this sounds like something you would like to get involved with, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV to the link provided or call Robert on 01-9017821.