eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $6 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements.
eSentire has been recognized in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™, Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers, and Gartner’s Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response. For more information, visit www.eSentire.com and follow @eSentire.
The Technical Solutions Specialist is responsible for the build and configuration of eSentire flagship products for use at client sites and for providing front line network support of our comprehensive internet security solutions to clients globally. The successful candidate must have excellent customer-focused communication skills, as well as experience with Linux command line operations and a solid understanding of network concepts. Candidates must exhibit keen attention to detail and be able to absorb new technologies specific to eSentire at a rapid pace. Other duties may be assigned as necessary under general supervision of the Manager, Technical Solutions.
- Install new or reconfigure existing services and systems.
- Attend client calls to assist in resolving issues of varying complexity
- Analyze client networks and make recommendations for integration with our service.
- Assist clients verbally via WebEx, phone, and e-mail.
- Maintain documentation of all client tickets and deployments.
- Provide expertise and guidance to internal teams
- Experience working in a customer-facing role (either technical or non-technical)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals such as ARP, switching, routing, security, WAN, LAN, firewalls, event monitoring, logging, SPAN / port-mirroring, DNS and TCP/IP.
- Experience navigating and making changes to Linux configuration files via command line.
- Be interpersonal, open to direction and collaborative work styles.
- Demonstrates a keen attention to detail and a commitment to quality of service.
- Must be able to support a 24/7/365 environment and participate in on-call rotation as required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with Linux distributions such as Ubuntu.
- Understanding of network switching, routing, and firewall hardware and configurations.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong aptitude for solving problems independently.
- Understanding of Information Security best practices.
- Familiarity with automation techniques and technologies.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset
Why a Career with eSentire?
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!