Linux System Administrator
My Client is recruiting a Linux System Administrator to join their growing E-Commerce team in Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a team of exceptional technical digital specialists.
To apply for the Linux System Administrator role, please send your CV to Mark.keenan(a)solasit.ie or call Mark on 01 6993439 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Linux System Administrator Role:
• Respond and resolve issues raised on automated monitoring systems.
• Liaise directly with clients on matters related to server infrastructure.
• Provide support to the developer teams as required.
• Manage OS software and security upgrades on internal and client systems.
• Perform changes on production systems whenever necessary.
• Maintain accurate documentation of existing server, storage, networking software and hardware and virtual environments.
• Maintain secure environments while following and improving on a set of best practices in relation to infrastructure.
Required Technical Skills for the Linux System Administrator Role:
• 5 years’ experience in designing and managing Linux-based systems.
• Experience with shell scripting, Perl, Python or Ruby would be beneficial for this role.
• Experience in automating large-scale environments using configuration management tools (Puppet).
• Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack such as HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SSH, SOAP/REST.
• Experience with VMWare, vSphere.
• Deep troubleshooting skills that involve analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation tools to resolve issues until end-to-end systems are functioning.
• Experience with Kubernetes and Docker is desirable.
Required interpersonal Skills for the Linux System Administrator Role:
• Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and improve technical skills.
• A team player who can work in multinational, cross-functional teams.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 3535 1699 3439)