Network Infrastructure Architect
itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our Client, a multinational with significant IT presence in Dublin, in the hiring of a Network Infrastructure Architect to join their Architecture and IT Infrastructure team.
Our client's Dublin IT hub operates on a global level and you will work on projects that will involve developing and governing IT Network and Infrastructure roadmaps that will be implemented locally, regionally and globally.
You will be an infrastructure 'owner' with SME responsibility for a number of infrastructure technologies. You will advise the business on best practice, industry standards, developing technology trends, technology strategy and provide technical assurance.
You will also work closely with major technology vendors and 3rd party suppliers in the delivery of technologies to the business.
This is a senior level role requiring strong consultative, negotiation, relationship management and leadership skills.
Additionally, you will have experience across the following areas:
* At least 5 years at a Senior Engineering level with ideally 2-3 years' experience leading design and network/infrastructure architecture
* Strong project management experience with a proven record of successful project and program delivery
* Experience working in a large-scale, global matrixed business with the need to develop relationships across geographical locations
* Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to lead teams of professionals
Technically you should have the following:
* Deep expertise in Networking technologies and protocols, including LAN (VLAN, VDC, Switching, Virtual switching) and WAN networking (MAN, MPLS, IAN, internet), Voice Networks (inc. VoIP, IP Telephony, Video, Broadcast networking) and Dynamic Routing (e.g. OSPF, BGP, EIGRP)
* Strong experience and knowledge of load balancing technologies and concepts
* Applications and Network Convergence (ACI, SDN)
* Virtualized conpute and storage platforms
* Strong knowledge and experience of Data Centre infrastructure and technologies
* Good knowledge of Network Security technologies, practices and principles
* Excellent track record of achieving relevant industry and vendor qualifications and certification. You should ideally hold Cisco certification to at least CCNP and CCDA standard and preferably CCIE and CCNP
You will have the opportunity to join a well-established and highly skilled and professional Network Architecture practice in a major company with exposure to leading-edge technologies and projects.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly ( 01 218 7721 or tom dot leonard at itContracting dot ie ). All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.