Java Design Lead, Permanent, South Dublin
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with one largest financial institution. Our client is currently going through a massive transformation project and moving from mainframe legacy systems to the most up to date Technologies including Java, Microservices, WebSphere and Oracle.
- Leads Stakeholder engagement for key business & IT teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Develops and manages delivery plans across multiple projects, ensuring commitment from strategic partners
- Manages delivery activities ensuring a strong customer-focused approach is consistently maintained.
- Drives continuous improvements to the delivery process via automation and adoption of best practices from industry
- Works with and drives a team of IT Specialists to deliver a transformed, resilient and scalable technology change agenda
- Is driven by meeting deadlines with a passion to deliver our customers objectives in line with our business strategy
- Collaborates on the design and implementation approach to ensure best in class solution proposals are met.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audience
What you need:
- Strong technology background with 5+ years’ experience leading software development teams in the delivery of quality outcomes ideally in the financial services sector.
- Previous experience as a Software Developer (Java)
- Industry knowledge and experience delivering large scale transformational change programmes preferably in a regulated environment
- Experience with the prioritisation of work against the capacity and capability of the team
- Ability to lead a cross functional team with experience in People Management
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies, automation tooling and DevOps.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary from €60,000 – 70,000 D.O.E p/a
Competitive package including: Pension, Insurance, Canteen
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Niall O’Connor on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.