Data Scientist - Product Team (Insights generation in a predictive analytics environment)
IT Search have been exclusively retained to expand the existing data science and data insights teams in this award winning global gambling group based in Cork city - in the South of Ireland.
My client is one of the leading names in high availability online betting and gaming technology. As they continue to grow their data science platforms - a need has arisen for a talented Data Scientist with a strong statistical background- who's keen to work in a big data environment
- You'll work on both product analysis (data pipeline integration) as well as insights generation and create new sources of data-driven innovation and value for our customers and prospects while proving the analytical capabilities this group's cutting edge tech stack.
- You'll work with industry-leading engineers to create new tools and features that support sophisticated analytics within all data repositories.
- Product Insights team and are looking for best and brightest to help us drive product feature decisions using data.
- If you bring an enthusiasm for Data Science and insights generation and are interested in helping us build better product IT Search would love to talk to you!
- Execute the full hypothesis test lifecycle, from data collection to conclusion and message delivery
- Hypothesis testing backlog alignment with product owners and business unit requirements
- Champion AB testing benefits and its role in the decision life-cycle
- Estimate business-proposed product feature impacts on key performance indicators
- Perform model-validation and testing of the in-house discrete markov-chain driven customer lifecycle model
- Manage roll-out, promotion and long-term maintenance of the customer lifecycle model
- Promote data-driven decisions in the product prioritisation process
- Work with engineers to identify data-sources required to measure feature release impact on key performance indicators
- Work with the Data Platform team to ensure full data pipeline delivery and availability
- Work with the business analytics team to ensure key performance indicator delivery for each release
- Measure product feature success and feed into lifecycle model reliability
- Drive the collection of client-side clickstream event data and full data-pipeline integration
- Lead the build out of dashboards and leverage intelligence tools to help identify new product requirements and monitor progress of existing product features
- Undergraduate degree in an analytical or technical field (e.g. statistics, applied mathematics, physics, engineering)
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with open source statistical languages and packages, preferably R/Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key takeaways
- A team player capable of conducting independent research
- Good general knowledge of statistical methods, data-mining/machine learning and mathematical modelling approaches
- Familiarity with visualization software and techniques (e.g. Qlikview/Tableau)
- Familiarity with at least one web-tracking tool such as Google Analytics, Fabric, Woopra etc
Competitive salary with healthcare & excellent academic (tuition fee) support available.
Adrian Clarke is Head of Analytics Recruitment at IT Search. Your application will be handled in strictest confidence & we will be happy to advise you on your career & direction in data analytics, data science, data services, data technology or digital analytics.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer
www.itsearch.ie | email@example.com | +353(0)871146347