We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior SQL Server Developer to join one of the largest organizations in the world. You will work in enterprise level environment in one of the biggest build and deploy sites in Ireland. The Senior SQL Developer will need to have solid commercial experience working in a large data environment. To Apply send your CV via the link or Call Ryan on 01 2449531 for more or email ryan.wannenburg(at)solasconsulting.ie.
• Experience of SQL Server data stores: row store and column store, optimisations.
• Experience of indexes, index management, index design, index optimisations and index statistics.
• Experience of SQL Server partitioning and file and filegroup design.
• Experience of SQL Server performance tuning, especially around stored procedures
• Act as subject matter expert for the teams implementing features or changes using SQL Server platforms
• Technical design and implementation of new application features, rework and upgrades of the existing functionality.
• Good knowledge of query and query parallelism in SQL Server
• Good knowledge of Column Store index and Column Store query optimisations
• Good knowledge of SQL Server DMO’s especially around statistics, data store and performance
• Good knowledge of SQL Server settings and database setting and the impact on performance
• Experience with Database Administration in general for MSSQL Server. Working closely with the DBA team to ensure smooth deployments of application updates.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving general database problems.
• Experience with database design & data modelling (experience with Erwin or similar data modeller tools is an advantage).
• Experience in database source control and deployments. Examples: SVN, CVS, Git, TFS
• 5 + years of design and development of relational data store solutions using Microsoft SQL Server in a production environment.
• Successful experience with agile development practices.
• Proven ability to influence technical discussions and provide technical leadership.
• Wholistic approach to the application development and strong owner attitude of the functionality provided to the customers.
• Ability to comprehend complex business and technical scenarios.
• Expert knowledge of SQL and T-SQL.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Industry experience working high volumes of data in 24/7 environment.
• Experience with SSIS packages development and maintenance.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)