Cassandra DBA, Permanent, South Dublin
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with one of Ireland’s leading Financial Companies.
Cassandra DBA Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple Cassandra / Datastax Enterprise clusters in test and Production environments in data centres.
- This will entail building new and upgrading existing clusters.
- Troubleshooting technical issues as escalated from application and Development support teams.
- Identify and resolve database performance and capacity issues.
- Responsible for database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, high-availability strategies in a 24x7 Production environment.
- Backup and recovery, connectivity and security, database creation and role assignment.
- Provide incident and problem diagnosis and advanced troubleshooting when required.
What you need:
- Proven experience of full administration of enterprise Cassandra clusters (DataStax Enterprise) and administrative expertise in a multi data centre architecture.
- Experience in monitoring, performance tuning, and managing multiple Cassandra clusters.
- A good knowledge of Linux / RedHat is beneficial
- Exposure to one of the following languages: Perl, Python, Java, or bash.
- Experience with load balancing concepts, and clustering technologies.
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
- Experience with PostgreSQL/Greenplum is preferable.
- Flexible to travel to other sites if needed
What’s on offer:
- Salary is €60,000-65,000 p/a + Benefits Package
Competitive package including:
- 23 days annual leave per annum
- Bonus scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Life Assurance
- Sickness benefit
- Educational assistance
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Niall O’Connor on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.