Helpdesk Engineer required for permanent role in Cork city with leading Software Development house. The successful Helpdesk Engineer will support high-volume e-commerce web applications with a rapidly expanding global market-leader.
This role will suit an experienced graduate with basic Linux, SQL and programming skills (Java, Python, etc.) and a keen interest in learning and improving new systems.
This role offers excellent benefits, training and career opportunities.
Why would I be interested in this job?
- Permanent position with rapidly growing Irish software house
- Benefits package including health insurance, 22 days holidays (up to 27), free food, educational assistance
What will I do?
- Help provide Production Support for all operational applications, systems and software environments in an internal hosted infrastructure
- Handle issue queues and prioritise critical issues and keep those effected informed with regular updates
- Document standards, processes and procedures relating to best practices, issues and resolutions
- Utilise Jira, Slack, and other operational and collaboration tools to work with internal resources to provide timely incident/request response and support
What do I need?
- Previous experience in Application, Software, Production or Technical support role
- Basic Knowledge of Linux
- Academic knowledge of Java and / or Python
- SQL scripting
- Ability to distinguish between critical and non-critical issues
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland
- Be available for rotating shift / on-call coverage as needed (8-6pm / 1–11pm rotating shifts)
For more info contact Wes in IT Search on 015079281 or Apply Today.