Software Engineer - Embedded C - Galway
* You'll be part of the team that develops the software which interfaces with Hardware accelerators designed in-house and are used in the image processing domain.
* Develop SW that will run on FPGA and prototype embedded platforms.
* Develop SW that will simulate the HW behavior and will run on PC/Windows.
* Develop efficient SW that will be used for image processing.
* Develop SW tools that are used to assist and configure HW modules.
* Work closely with the HW team to interface the HW modules from SW.
* Work with R&D team in relation to imaging algorithms and hardware solutions. Participate in designing of new solutions.
* Assist with customers' requests, provide support or travel to support the customer on site if necessary.
* 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
* Strong knowledge of C.
* Ability to work with C++.
* Experience with real-time and multitasking programming.
* Experience with embedded tools and SDKs.
* Experience with programming hardware (interrupts, registers, etc).
* Knowledge of system architecture (different types of memory, cores, caches, buses).
* Experience in developing portable code.
* Ability to use Visual Studio for C/C++ development on Windows.
* Ability to understand source code written by others.
* Ability to work in a team.
* Open to learn new technologies in software and image processing domain.
* Fluent English.
* Comfortable with using Windows as primary development and office platform.
* Availability for business (technical) trips.
Below skills are optional but possessing some of these is an advantage.
* Experience with image processing is a primarily advantage. Including algorithm development and optimization.
* Experience in Neural Networks / Machine Learning domain.
* Knowledge of ARM architecture and tools (RVCT, DS5, etc).
* Experience with GPU/parallel (OpenGL, OpenCL…) and vectorial/SIMD (NEON, SSE…) programming is a big advantage.
* Knowledge of embedded OS (e.g. one of ChibiOS, uTron, ThreadX, etc).
* Experience with Automotive Software standards (ISO26262, SPICE).
* Experience with either: Linux, iOS, Android, MacOS programming.