To support the continued growth of the company, we are currently recruiting for Network System Administrator-AWS Cloud. This is a full-time permanent position offering tremendous potential to highly motivated individuals. This role will report into the Operations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Linux system administration and management, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation.
- Design, configuration and management of cloud environments.
- TCP/IP based network administration and management, including network devices
configuration, configuration of firewalls and step-by-step troubleshooting.
- Performance Management.
- Manage daily hosting platform monitoring.
- Verify the integrity and availability of OpenJaw’s SaaS platform.
- Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as
- Configuration and management of software managing FCAPS.
- Installation, configuration, daily administration and maintenance of OpenJaw’s built hosted applications. Training will be provided.
- Running high-traffic web services including requirements analysis, service configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades, and upgrade admin tools and utilities when necessary.
- Run periodic performance reports to support capacity planning.
- Provision and modify resources needed to run OpenJaws’ customer services based on
- Responsible for taking part in out-of-hours support.
Skills and experience:
- Experience with Linux and Unix systems administration and management.
- Experience with cloud solutions – AWS required.
- Network management and administration and configuration experience, CCNA/CCNP.
- Exposure to/knowledge of site-to-site VPN solutions (OpenSwan implementation of IPSec) desirable.
- Cisco ASA firewall configuration experience preferably.
- Knowledge of Apache based load balancers desirable.
- Experience with Apache TomCat configuration and maintenance desirable.
- Automation/Configuration Management experience (Ansible preferably).
- Disaster recovery/backup procedures.
- Firewalls (iptables) experience desirable.
- Internet security and virus protection.
- MySql/Galera experience desirable.
- Java / xslt experience an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have 4-5 years experience in a similar role.