IT Infrastructure Engineer
Role: You will be working on a mix of Project Work and Day to Day support in Automation I.T.
• Building servers, building domains, configuring network switches, building workstations, NIC patching, rolling out apps (like Dell OM, SolarWinds IP monitor),
• Building SMTP relay servers, Cybersecurity work, building and configuring WSUS environments, etc…..
• Supporting existing Automation infrastructure (Network switches, wireless APs, Server OS’, Client OS’, Server & client hardware, cabling infrastructure etc...)
• Day to day support: Trouble shooting issues/faults on automation infrastructure (network, cabling, servers, workstations, operating systems issues, etc...)
• Installing and configuring windows client workstations (Windows XP, Windows 7)
• Installing and configuring windows servers (w2k3, w2k8, w2k12)
• VMWare and HyperV support and maintenance
• OS Patching
• Installing and configuring various automation apps (e.g. Emerson DeltaV)
• Disaster recovery planning, design, testing, implementation and documentation for automation infrastructure & systems
• Installing and configuring network management apps (e.g. Dell Open Manage, Cisco Network Administrator, Solarwinds IP monitor, etc...
• Infrastructure Security (inc antivirus, OS Patching, basic security auditing, etc...)
• Managing & Supporting Automation infrastructure projects (installation of new networks, switches & switching, routers & routing, wireless networks/APs, servers, workstations, OS installs, etc...)
• Installing and configuring Cisco network hardware (primarily switches)
• Installing Ethernet network segments
• Copper & Fibre network patching
• Building test & development automation networks and systems
• Supporting test & development automation systems
• Managing test and development systems windows domains
• Cat 5e/Cat 6/Cat 7 UTP & FTP Cable make up and patching
• Documenting the automation infrastructure systems and support (SOPS, Validation, Verification, etc….)
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• BSc in an IT related field
• Industry experience in a similar role in a fast paced environment
• Experience of manufacturing control systems
• Ideally from a regulated environment, or experience with GMP
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick.