This opportunity affords a Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer with experience at level 1 to assist and supprt fibre optic services queries for clients nationwide. The NOC Engineer will support fibre network services by monitoring, tracking and investigating network events. The NOC Engineer will monitor and install devices and troubleshoot network and security problems.
* Troubleshooting and diagnosis of faults of varying complexity across systems
* Ticket incident issuing and management to document all issues and faults for speedy resolution and quality service
* Managing customer queries, complaints and requests
* Installation, commissioning and testing equipment
* Escalating issues for resolution
Ideal Person Specification
* Hold a degree in a relevant field and have telecommunications or enterprise networking experience.
* An understanding of telecommunications transmission or networking principles
* Certification in CCNA, IP/Ethernet is a distinct advantage
* DWDM / Ethernet / IP / MPLS / Wireless
* Experience in NOC, service or technical desk role required
* Interest in the telecommunications space and have strong document keeping skills
* Team player / Willing to Learn / Highly Flexible
Please note this role includes shift work.