As a Senior Automation Engineer, you will use your passion for quality to develop, maintain, execute, and report on web applications.
You will provide meaningful feedback and support throughout the development process, and analyze the test results for applications and service deployments. Your collaborative work style will help you team up with developers, other test engineers, and product managers to drive quality customer experiences.
What You Will Do:
• Create and maintain test automation framework with an emphasis on clean, reusable code
• Automate test cases to enable quicker turn around for application deploys
• Review and document new projects and existing application code
• Work with development teams to verify application functionality, usability, performance and scalability
• Assist application owners with regression testing, load testing, script testing, user acceptance testing and test architecture support
• Develop and maintain reusable code libraries to help build streamlined and efficient development/testing processes
• Evaluate and analyze automation metrics, providing feedback to developers, and system architects
• Assist with the setup and maintenance of the teams test environments
• Be able to provide accurate time estimates of your work
• Perform manual tests as needed
What You Should Have:
• Minimum of 5+ years recent software development or quality assurance experience
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
• Strong Java SE skills, preferably through release 1.8
• Comfort and familiarity with common data structures, algorithms and collections
• Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium Web Driver, JMeter, Fit/FitNesse, SOAPUI, Watir, or similar
• Experience using IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
• Experience building unit tests using JUnit and TestNG
• Experience using source control systems like SVN, CVS, GIT
• Experience with Maven or Gradle
• Solid SQL ability
• Development experience on Linux
• Experience with large databases and systems
• Familiar with Agile development and testing methods such as Scrum or Kanban
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Should demonstrate good analytical skills as well as initiative and integrity in all aspects of work
• Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com.
Follow us on LinkedInand connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick.