The Network Technician provides operational and engineering systems support and new systems and network deployments at a large multinational data centre in Athlone.
- Triaging and repairing network and hardware issues.
- Building, configuring and deploying Windows 2012 and 2016 servers, networks and enterprise storage solutions. Including configuring memory, IP addressing, network switches, and cable infrastructure.
- Participating in projects to improve infrastructure and support solutions.
- Building relationships with and communicating with clients and vendors.
- Produce reports to management on metrics on performance and project status
It would be a bonus, but not a necessity, if candidates had a knowledge of Linux, Solaris, VMware, Citrix, Scripting Languages, Python.