German Speaking Games Linguist
Our client created a global services platform for video games and beyond.
They are currently looking for a Games Linguist. The position will be based in, Dublin 18. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team focusing on community and in game content for a leading social games publisher.
The role is to translate and trans create from English into German player support, community and in game content for mobile games. The linguist will also test the games in his native language.
This role requires excellent language skills, creativity and a passion for Games.
* Translate/trans create player support, community and in game content from English to German to a high quality standard
* Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group Quality objectives
* Perform Quality Assurance tasks in Game
* Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is achieved
* Suggest process improvements that will deliver on goal of optimal translation quality
* Native level German speaker
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Passion for games industry
* Educational qualification in linguistics
* Experience in translation, customer service or community, copywriting or linguistics
* Excellent verbal and written linguistic skills both in German and English
* Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Native Level German Speaker
* Fluent English
* Qualification in Linguistics
Reference No.: 917652FK
Role: German Speaking Games Linguist
Industry: Video Games
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Feel free to contact us for further information: 01 901 0332
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.