Cisco Voice Engineer - Dublin- 6-month Fixed Term Contract
You will work as part of the Global Services team based onsite at one of our valued customers in Dublin. You will lead the process of migrating the Cisco Telephony platform. This position is for an initial 6 month period.
You will work closely with project team to primarily engage and actively lead in the process of upgrading from Cisco Telephony Platform from V10.5* working with Aastra and Cisco CUCM.
Have you gained experience providing Cisco Telephony support services to onsite customers? Have you supported migration processes and provided diagnostic/ technical resolution services? If yes this could be the next role for you.
What does the role of Cisco Voice Engineer involve?
* Respond to Customers needing assistance by performing 2nd line with occasional specialised 3rd line support diagnostics, so as to resolve the fault and/or implement a workaround solution that meets SLA standards and customer needs.
* Report, manage and progress incidents that are to be resolved by 3rd Party contractors / service partners.
* Liaise with manufacturers (e.g. Cisco) at a technical level, as part of technical escalation and resolution of Incidents.
* Maintain accurate up to date customer documentation
*Validate project specific changes to meet the customer requirements
* Remediate reported incidents within SLA
* Assist the Change Management Team as and when requested and advise of any changes that were implemented during Incident resolution process (retrospective changes)
* Maximise customer benefit through the provision of technical advice and support whenever the opportunity arises.
* Raise progress and monitor all escalations to suppliers ensuring satisfactory conclusion
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered?
* Experience as a Voice and Data Network engineer in a Customer Service environment
* Cisco CCNP certification
* Excellent customer service skills
* Technical ability to Routinely resolve complex voice and data networking problems both hardware and software related:
-WAN Protocols, Routing Protocols, Switching, IP Telephony & Voice
* Ability to work in a pressurised environment, multi-tasking whilst still paying attention to detail and accuracy.
*Call Manager Experience such as:
-Setting up Phones, Lines, hunt groups, pickup groups, names
- Extension Mobility
- Use of the Bulk Administration Tool (BAT)
- Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)
- Backup and Restore process
Monday to Friday. 0900-1730
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.