Sector: Computer Services
Location: Co. Westmeath
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is an independent, Irish based, Software Services Company. Their purpose is to provide industry leading Software Services that deliver end to end solutions in the technology sector.
On a day to day basis you will be developing, testing and mentoring within an Engineering Scrum Team in an innovative Telecom project.
You will be working with the latest technologies in the market including Enterprise Java, EJB, Big Data, Analytics etc.
It is expected that you bring your own experience and ideas to the development and you will responsible for developing a standard of high quality java code in an agile environment including unit testing and other types of functional and non-functional testing.
Skills / Experience:
* A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
* Very strong knowledge of Java and Web Services including REST
* Object oriented analysis, design experience
* Excellent English and Communication skills essential
* Interface with customers and stakeholders and mitigate risks
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and mentor scrum teams
* 3+ years' experience with Java/J2EE Development is essential
* Experience working with Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
* Expected to complete tasks by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
* Ability to prioritise and multi-task in order to meet deadlines
* Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation
* Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development
Nice to have:
* Java Certification such as OCA/OCP/OCM is an added advantage
* Experience working in an Agile environment with Engineering scrum teams is an added advantage
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.