Linux Engineer - Permanent, Dublin City Centre
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with one of Irelands largest financial institutions.
Linux Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
- The Linux Specialist Engineer is a member of a multi-disciplinary team of solution specialists and engineers supporting the operations, definition of requirements and implementation of the organisations IT strategy.
- Development of Enterprise Distributed-X capability (Linux and VMWare) for aligning IT roadmaps and strategy.
- Accountable for operational oversight of Linux and VMWare estates ensuring infrastructure and standards.
- Support solution integration by leveraging our multi-partner technology delivery model.
- Provide feedback when defined architectural principles need to be modified.
- Automating and management of enterprise systems
- In-depth knowledge of Networking and Virtual Networking technologies
- DevOps experience supporting large distributed system
What you need:
- 3 years plus experience as a Linux Engineer
- Experience with the following Infrastructure Technologies domains RedHat Enterprise Linux server or VMWare ESX Server.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies or similar: Chef, Microsoft Windows OS, Public Cloud Technologies, IaaS specifically on Azure and AWS.
- Experience in Java development and Docker containers is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Business analysis, requirements definition, technical writing and technology evaluation is advantageous.
- Third Level qualification
- Excellent communication skills.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary from €70,000 - €80,000 p/a
- Competitive package including: Canteen & Pension
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Niall O’Connor on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.