Staff/Lead Systems Engineer 4+ years’ experience
Large Enterprise Client, Complex Environment
Red Chair Recruitment is looking for an Lead Systems Engineer to work within our client’s technical delivery team in Dublin. This position reports to: Senior Manager, Technical Duty Officers.
- Opportunity to take your place in an organization that designs, builds and operates a full stack cloud service. A private build for the public cloud.
- Building custom systems and services solutions, tailored for the full cloud stack.
- Tackling problems that are out of this world, those that come with *huge* scale.
- Using broad knowledge and experience of systems engineering and networking principles to proactively prevent and address incidents while constantly improving cloud infrastructure best practices.
- Driving popular problems to resolution with the corresponding internal stakeholders, whilst working on edge cases for implementation based issues
- Identifying and addressing issues escalated, toward immediate relief and sustainable resolution
- Document and maintain relief and resolution guides in knowledge-base articles and standard operating procedures parallel to our scalable and sustainable model
- Training and mentoring internal stakeholders along with the exposure, documentation and hands-on training
- In creating quality of the Cloud service, identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring, automation and introduction of new tools as required for our efficiency
What You Will Need:
- Deep knowledge/experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting, covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks
- Previous direct exposure to engineering and architecting fundamental internet services (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat) with a good understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Tungsten or similar technologies
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing (VPN exposure is a huge plus)
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Netcool, Monolith, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics (or equivalent experience)
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment
Call Zack on 064 66 22 007 for further information.