Open opportunity for a Unix Administrator who has experience with Solaris in a production operational environment!
As a Unix Systems Administrator you will be responsible for providing remote managed services to company clients. You will be expected to respond to incidents notified by automated monitoring as well as those assigned by the Service Desk.
The role will involve;
* Proactive monitoring of managed service components
* Maintenance and administration of the Solaris and Linux environments
* Maintenance and administration of NetBackup environment
* SAN Storage management and allocation
* Resolving issues with vendors including Oracle, EMC and Symantec
* Manage faults reactively, diagnosing and resolving faults when they arise
* Draft and implement agreed Change Requests
* Maintain software and hardware to supported levels, patching/upgrading as required
* Installation & integration of central services
* Handling complex escalated technical, customer or partner issues.
* On site debugging of complex hardware and/or software issues
* Support, analysis and proactive monitoring of Network and servers with appropriate software tools and method
* 3+ years proven experience actively working with Solaris in a production operational environment
* Fully familiar with standard operational activity including, scheduling, batch run, backup and recovery, Unix Scripting, User Management and Monitoring.
* Knowledge of the Veritas tool set including Foundation Suite, Clustering and NetBackup.
* Familiarity with the concepts of Unix storage and ideally have worked with SUN/Oracle, EMC or Fujitsu disk storage solutions.
* A self-starter and should be able to operate in customer facing environment with minimal supervision.
* Flexibility on travel within Ireland for short term assignment
* Experience providing consultancy to customers, recommendations and operational improvements etc.
* Experienced in most areas of the solution lifecycle.
* Candidates should hold a relevant third level qualification
* IT Certifications, good technical training background
If you're interested in having a confidential chat about the role then get in touch or click APPLY TODAY to send your CV if you feel it could be the right fit for you!