IT Operations Manager 3 + years’ experience
Large Enterprise Client, Complex Environment
Red Chair Recruitment is looking for a IT Operations Manager to work within our client’s technical delivery team in Kerry.
- Providing implementation/planning/ leadership and subject matter expertise in the areas of: IT applications, infrastructure, telephony, network, organizational intelligence (data), etc.
- Responsible for the production, procurement, and planning of daily operations
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including cloud migration strategy and feature adoption.
- Lead IT infrastructure purchasing decisions and operational budget allocation.
- Ensure accurate monitoring, logging, metrics, and alerting of network connectivity and service availability.
- Promote a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, quality and accountability.
- Identify and recommend new technologies, both proprietary and open source, that will further benefit our systems and network operations.
- Promote Infrastructure as code (IAC), to manage configurations and automate provisioning of infrastructure and the configuration of servers.
- Deliver weekly status reports with performance trending analysis.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Experience in leading a technology team, including employee development/management.
- Proven experience in the leading of operations and technical implementation projects.
- Working knowledge across the whole spectrum of IT-related functions (including servers), infrastructure, virtualization, telephony, relational databases, and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of data analysis, data warehousing, and business intelligence tools.
- Understanding of Prem to Cloud evolution and knowledge when to use which one, as well as experience working with public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- LEAN, Agile, and ITSM knowledge is preferred.
- 3rd level qualification in IT or related discipline