System Administrator– Contract, Dublin City Centre
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with the world- renowned consultancy as a part of their System Administration team
System Administrator Role and Responsibilities:
The key purpose of the role is to proactively build, implement, maintain and monitor the server and network infrastructure deployed on customer site and to act as a point of escalation for the onsite service desk.
The onsite administrators are responsible for ensuring all users have access to critical line-of-business applications and central services
- Installation, integration and maintenance and administration of central services.
- Handling complex escalated technical customer or partner issues.
- On site debugging of complex hardware and/or software
- Support, analysis and proactive monitoring of Network and servers with appropriate software tools and method.
- Update and upgrade complex IT products and systems
- Handling and resolving routine tasks and problems
- Makes knowledge available to partners and colleagues, develops and provides product training, information and materials.
- Ownership of assigned tasks and resolution of customer problems within SLA
What you need:
- Unix/Linux Server administration
- Desktop & Server Administrator
- Microsoft Exchange
- Citrix XenApp / NetScaler
- Windows 2008/12 or later Server administration
- WSUS, SCCM, SCOM
- Backup and Restore
- Server Security
- Account, user, password, identity management
- Active Directory administration
- Virtual server and desktop solutions
· Desktop software roll-out / Lockdown
What’s on offer:
- Excellent Daily Rate depending on experience
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Katarzyna Kozlakowska on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.