At Ammeon, we make sure the future does not leave our customers behind. We do this by accelerating our customers’ IT innovation allowing them to disrupt and compete. We provide consulting, Agile, Cloud, DevOps and automation skills and technologies to deliver this promise.
We are looking for smart, dynamic, and flexible people to help us deliver successful outcomes to our Tier 1 customers in Ireland, the UK and the Nordics. Join us – you will work with the best people, use the most up-to-date technologies, and solve the most challenging customer problems.
About the Role
Great opportunity for a Technical Writer to join an exciting software development team based in Dublin city centre. The successful candidate will work in an Agile development environment and will be responsible for creating and editing technical documentation for the next generation of products across a number of projects. We are recruiting for Technical Writers for a complex Telecoms infrastructure platform
- Create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs and online help.
- Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards.
- Collaborate with Scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
- Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team.
- Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams.
- Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- 4 + years’ experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector.
- Experience with DITA or other topic-based writing methodology required.
- Experience with XML authoring tools required.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with other team members.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work within team deadlines.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira tool set desirable.
- Linux experience or knowledge desirable.
- Degree in related field desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Staff technical talks
- Regular staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.