Senior Software Engineering Manager
New opportunity for an experienced software development leader to join a highly successful organisation who are setting up a new entity in Dublin, as Software Engineering Manager you will play a pivotal role in building out the Dublin operation and will be responsible for hiring, managing and developing a team of 20+ highly skilled developers and QA.
The development team in Dublin will work within a result driven agile environment designing, developing and maintaining java based web and mobile applications.
The successful candidate should have the aptitude to drive technical, architectural, and functional discussions and challenge engineers to design and build elegant solutions for complex business problems.
Overview of your responsibilities
* Responsible for day-to-day activities of the development team
* Oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle with emphasis on quality, performance, design and best practices
* Maintain resource allocations for the group, coordinate engineering estimates
* Coordinate schedules with Product Management
* Review functional specifications; provide feedback to the Product Management team
* Establish individual goals and development plans for direct reports and conduct performance reviews
* Lead recruiting and hiring
Background experience and skills set
* 10+ years of progressive experience in a technical software engineering role, and 3- 4 years of experience managing teams of size 5 or larger.
* Experience in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of software, including technical review and analysis of source code
* Effective project management skills
* BS in Computer Science or related discipline, MS/MBA preferred
Competitive salary and benefits offered along with autonomy, career progression and opportunity to work within a highly dynamic and progressive technical environment.
Apply now for immediate consideration or call Audrey for further information.
Audrey Hughesfirstname.lastname@example.org | 016035072