Senior Software Developer - Enterprise JAVA [Junit/JMeter/Mavan/ANT/GIT/SVN/BitBucket/Jenkins]
Project / Role:
Our client is an independent, Irish based, Software Services Company. Their purpose is to provide industry leading Software Services that deliver end to end solutions in the technology sector.
They are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join the team and work on an exciting Telecom project.
It is expected that you bring your own experience and ideas to the development and you will responsible for developing a standard of high quality java code in an agile environment including unit testing and other types of functional and non-functional testing.
* On a day to day basis you will be developing, testing and mentoring within an Engineering Scrum Team in an innovative Telecom project
* You will be working with the latest technologies in the market including Enterprise Java, EJB, Big Data, Analytics etc. including (and not limited to) large scale data processing and analytics platforms using Hadoop, Spark and Kafka
* Very strong knowledge of Java and Web Services including REST
* Object oriented analysis, design experience
* Interface with customers and stakeholders and mitigate risks
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and mentor scrum teams
* 8+ years' overall experience in software development using Enterprise Java
* Experience working with Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
* Understanding of big data engine ecosystem and hands-on experience in building real-time data pipelines and streaming apps
* Experience in Big Data Analytics platforms and ecosystem
* Experience in distributed streaming platforms and batch processing systems
* Hands-on experience in one or more of the following: Hadoop, Spark and Kafka
* Experience with Docker, Vagrant, Mesos, Aurora, Zookeeper - in general application deployment, management, scheduling and execution in cloud
* Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
* Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures
* Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
Nice to have:
* Experience working in an Agile environment with Engineering scrum teams
* Java/JEE Certification such as OCA/OCP/OCM
* A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
* Excellent English and Communication skills essential
Reference No.: 916834FK
Role: Senior Software Developer - Enterprise JAVA
Industry: Computer Services
Location: Co. Westmeath
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent