About the role:
Some of the primary responsibilities of the Senior SQL DBA would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents, reviewing service related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved promptly, responding to database related alerts and escalations.
About the company:
Our client is a booming SaaS company using GPS technology and offering exciting products to businesses. Their solutions enable businesses to meet the challenges associated with improving the productivity of their mobile workforces, by extracting actionable business intelligence from real-time and historical data. Their best-in-class solutions deliver a comprehensive set of capabilities all delivered through an easy-to-use web and mobile based interfaces. To apply send your CV via the link or call Ryan on 012449531.
Excellent Package on offer Bonus + Pension + VHI + 26 days holidays + Educational Assistance
· Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
· 7+ years commercial experience as a SQL DBA.
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
· Experience in database Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and 3rd party tools.
· Experience in database operational monitoring & alerting for MSSQL Server.
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
· Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
· Experience of database design (normalization, experience with VLDB management).
· Experience with SQL Server database table Partitioning.
· Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
· Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
· Experience in database source control and deployment.
· Experience working with Windows server & clustering.If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: )