Exciting opportunity to join an expanding subsidiary of a multinational Financial Services Group. This opportunity presents the best of both worlds - the chance to play a key role in an expanding Dublin-based, Technology & Data solutions Division, underpinned with the financial investment of a multi-billion Euro parent organisation.
The Business Analyst will liaise between the key business stakeholders and the 3rd party software development vendor, focussing on business requirements gathering, mapping the Data Flow processes and ensuring compliance of the technical solution.
The core existing financial services solution regularly processes large volumes of financial data, generating MI Reports via an Excel, SQL and Tableau system. In the near future, you will also play an important role in assisting teams with the redevelopment of this Analytics platform using the latest technologies, to deliver higher quality data solutions, visual dashboards & improved analytics.
* Business Requirements gathering
* Evaluate business processes as-is and generate improvements to-be
* Design functional specifications for core IT applications & Data systems
* Maintain a solid understanding of the full Data Lifecycle, from source data through to processing and visualisation
* Liaise with IT Vendors and other stakeholders in relation to core Fin services / Insurance Platform architecture and ETL specifications
* Participate in business and technical design sessions
* Support the development of business cases for the implementation of new IT solutions
* Participate in the testing of IT solutions
* Experience working as a Business Analyst through all phases of the SDLC including software quality assurance & testing
* Proven experience in business requirements gathering and the design of functional specs, preferably involving enterprise data systems
* Financial Services - Banking of Insurance industry knowledge ideally
* Focussed on quality standards, processes and systems
* Ability to identify design flaws & make recommendations in order to ensure best poss. quality outcome
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent analytical, organisational and problem solving skills
* Team oriented, self-starter who delivers quality outputs with minimal direct supervision
* Proficiency in Excel & documentation tools
Salary = €40-50K + bonus + benefits
Please note that you MUST have EU/EEA citizenship or hold a current valid work visa for Ireland
Other Key terms: Business Analyst, Technical Business Analyst, IT Business Analyst, Excel, Data solutions Analyst, Carriers, Insurance Data, Data Analytics, Data Analyst, Business Reporting Analyst, MI Analyst, BI Analyst, Business Intelligence, BRD
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.