Senior Database/Systems Administrator [SQL/MySQL/Linux/SaaS
Project / Role:
Our client offers software solutions that supply a range of Governance, Risk and Compliance IT Solutions to a range of large and small financial services and corporate clients.
They are looking for a Senior Database Systems Administrator to join their team.
* Taking full ownership of database management and performance tuning
* Improve and optimize DB Schema
* Help with DB schema and engine migration
* Database tuning and monitoring
* Database design
* Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and QA engineers to deliver high quality DBA services
* Contribute to scrum sessions and the overall improvement in our client's development process.
* Being member of on-call rota for high severity issues after-hours.
* IT Experience with at least 5 years as Database/System Administrator
* Expertise in Database maintenance, optimization and performance tuning
* Expertise in Replication techniques, backups and restores
* Ability to create, edit and debug SQL for Oracle Enterprise and MySql
* Advanced Unix and SQL scripting skill.
* Linux administration skills
* Ability to escalate technical issues in an effective manner and effectively resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the customer
* Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
* Keen interest in technology and an active awareness of the technical directions and new tool and techniques appearing in the marketplace
* Oracle / SQL
* SaaS/Multi-Tenant Environment
Nice to have:
* Knowledge of Oracle Cloud platform would be an advantage
* Knowledge of Financial/Audit/Compliance Services is a plus
* Ability to communicate with Business Analysts regarding user requirements
* Third level qualification
Reference No.: 917186FK
Role: Senior Database/Systems Administrator
Industry: Professional Services
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent