IT System Administrator
Dundalk, Co. Louth
€Excellent Plus Healthcare Package, Pension, Subsidised Gym, Car Parking, Social Club
Part of a leading group, our client is the largest Irish-owned provider of voice, data connectivity, data centre, hybrid cloud solutions and managed services. They are now looking for an IT System Administrator to join their team.
If you’re a hands-on IT professional seeking your next step, this is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career with an exciting ICT service provider.
Passionate about their people, our client offers a great benefits package, as well as excellent career prospects in a dynamic business environment.
As an IT System Administrator, you’ll help to ensure that our client’s operations are available, effective and efficient for both internal and external customers.
Overseeing the infrastructure estate, you’ll respond to alerts, run maintenance routines, patch software, manage capacity, deploy new equipment and maximise hardware and application availability.
Additionally, your duties will involve:
- Supporting the ICT Infrastructure including mobiles, desktop, laptops, printers, servers, switches, phones, storage and security
- Developing novel solutions to routine workloads
- Automating responses and activities so IT systems and services can operate as independently as possible
- Occasionally travelling and working outside standard office hours
To be considered, you’ll need a third level degree in Computer Science or an equivalent IT qualification. You will also need at least three years’ experience in the majority of the following:
- Server and PC hardware builds
- Working with a virtualised environment (VMware and Xen)
- Microsoft Operating Systems, AD and business software, especially Microsoft Exchange
- Networking (including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, STP and addressing)
- Raid levels, benefits and configurations
- PBX, ISDN, VOIP and TDM technologies
- Both analogue and IP phone systems, configuration and deployment
- PC hardware, software and peripherals
- LAN networks and their infrastructure
- UNIX and/or Linux
Flexible and self-motivated, as an IT System Administrator, you’ll need excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You’ll also have a strong work ethic and a creative approach to problem-solving.
Ideally, you’ll have knowledge of MS SQL server and MySQL systems, but this isn’t essential. Familiarity with operating applications and workloads in cloud environments (private and public) would also be beneficial.
To apply for the role of IT System Administrator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: IT System Administrator, System Administrator, System Engineer, Network Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Linux Engineer, UNIX Engineer, IT.