Desktop Support Engineer- Dublin City Centre
Have you gained experience within an Onsite Desktop Support/ Technical Support or 2nd Line Support role? Are you now looking for your next challenge? If so the role as Desktop Support Engineer at ESP Global Services could be the next role for you.
What does the role of Desktop Support Engineer involve?
You will work as part of the ESP Global Services team that is based on site at one of our valued customers in *please enter location* You will provide onsite IT support resolving desktop problems and maintaining hardware in line with defined operating procedures and within agreed contractual service levels.
* Respond to all customer incidents and service requests passed across by the Service Desk and resolve any user faults within agreed SLAs
* Troubleshoot and resolve all desktop issues and initiate the return of faulty customer equipment according to the customer maintenance contract
* Carry out regular routine and preventative maintenance on the range of desktop equipment within the supported site as required or requested by line manager
* Maintain a high level of communication at all time with both colleagues and senior members of staff and provide timely updates to the Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required
* Identify any spares required and advise the Service Desk accordingly to ensure that the customer incident can be updated accordingly.
* Maintain a high level of customer service always to provide an excellent customer service experience
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered?
* Previous experience of working within a Desktop Support role
* You will be a confident communicator
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent customer service skills
* A good understanding of IT networks & IT Fundamentals
* Good understanding of Exchange 2008 and Active Directory
* Strong user knowledge of MS Office Products
* Understanding of Microsoft system centre 2007 for image and application deployment.
* Methodical and logical approach to problem solving
Due to the City Centre location of this site, there is no onsite parking available. Therefor the use of public transport to travel to and from work is recommended.
Monday to Friday 0900-1730
Salary: - 27,000- - 28,000
* We offer a free Learning and Development portal that boasts hundreds of courses
* We also provide employees with Perkbox which enables discounts with most major retailer's restaurants and leisure providers
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for 25 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are head-quartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs in Hong Kong, Singapore, Trinidad, Chicago and Mexico. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.
Interested? Please apply today for a quick response.