Embedded Software Engineer - Limerick
About this role:
Our client, a leading multinational company in the medical devices industry is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. You'll enjoy working with cutting edge technologies in the growing medical devices industry. As part of a highly technical team the Embedded Software Engineer will take part in building our client's line extension software. You will display a clear understanding and adherence to the quality management system and participate in a full software development life cycle. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a global business.
The Embedded Software Engineer will work with the design and manufacturing groups to develop robust, sustainable products that meet customer expectations and are cost effective to manufacture.
* Strong C/C++ skills and software design for multi-threading and multi-processor application.
* Knowledge in .NET C#, Compact Framework, ASP.NET.
* Strong Object Oriented design skills, especially the State Machine and event driven design.
* Strong knowledge in the embedded User Interface design and display device control such as LCD.
* Strong knowledge in hardware-software interface and network communication using sockets.
* Strong knowledge in Hard Real Time Control and inter-processor communication.
* Strong knowledge of one or more of the Operating Systems and concepts, such as WinCE, Linux, cooperative OS (CoRoutines), etc.
* Familiar with the microcontrollers and microprocessors such as ARM Application and Cortex architecture.
* Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft)
* Ability to plan and organise
* Ability to work with little supervision and under pressure
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
* Excellent analytical and report writing skills
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering. For example: Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Science or Mathematics.
To apply for this exciting Embedded Software Engineer role, please click on the apply link to learn more information. Please also refer to friends! Our client will sponsor permits.
Embedded, C++, C, Linux, .Net Framework, Agile, Scrum