Automation & Manufacturing IT Systems Engineer
itContracting are looking for an experienced Automation & Manufacturing IT Systems Engineer to join our clients expanding team based in Cork.
This is a Permanent position with a very competitive salary and nice extras.
* Out client works every day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges.
* Their work helps people live better lives.
* When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people to be part of the team. Our client is always looking for talented people to join the team and, when they find them, they make it their business to treat them well.
You will be working with counterparts in Production, QA, and Engineering departments and as a team, you will be responsible for all manufacturing IT systems/processes in use.
* To administer and support all IT Processes in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment.
* Implement, qualify, commission and maintain manufacturing IT systems (MES, Data historian, SCADA) and associate IT infrastructure that delivers operational efficiency and agility.
* Identify, evaluate and implement opportunities for continuous IT process improvement.
* Conduct IT assignments in support of ongoing manufacturing operations.
* Define IT process requirements on capital projects and interact with internal & external stakeholders, vendors and contractors.
* Manage Automation projects throughout the project lifecycle
* Work with Production/Engineering and Quality to troubleshoot and optimise output, minimise contamination and minimise costs.
* Generate & Maintain documentation (SOP's & Technical Documentation) for full cGMP validation and operation, including documentation of changes made.
* Maintain Data Integrity Program, including remediation of legacy systems to ensure robust procedure and systems are in place covering data integrity, security and recovery
* Actively Contribute to the Automation & IT Business Strategy
* Define business continuity methods for IT element of manufacturing processes
Education & Experience:
* You will have a relevant 3rd level degree in Mechatronics, Electronics or Computer Technology
* 4/5 years' in a similar role and environment
* Experience supporting MES applications
* Experience with Data Historian Systems (e.g. Siemens PLC, SCADA) and integration to process equipment
* SCADA server experience (iFix, WinCC)
* Instrumentation/Automation & Control knowledge with BMS / SCADA / DCS / PLC
* Knowledge of Shopfloor Network & Control Architecture with Electronic Batch Record Implementation
For more information please apply here or contact Chris Byrne ( +353 1526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )