Software Test Engineer
The role will involve testing sophisticated software products within the industrial automation sector.
Non-hierarchical scrum teams are the norm within the Company and potential employees should have a passion for learning new and interesting technologies.
• Test sophisticated software products
• Use different testing types within the software development lifecycle
• Automate test cases using test automation
• Set up and configure hardware devices
You will be self-motivated, energetic and upbeat; take a logical and systematic approach to problem solving; be a perfectionist who strives for timely completion of projects; have the ability to prioritise the urgency of multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines.
• Diploma/Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related engineering discipline is required
• 1 years’ experience working as Software Test Engineer with proven software test responsibilities
• Full understanding of the testing process and principles
• 1 years’ experience using different testing types within the software development lifecycle for example, experience with some or all of the below testing types
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Functional Testing
- System Testing
- Stress Testing
- Performance Testing
- Usability Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Regression Testing
- Beta Testing
• Knowledge of Java and an ability to automate test cases
• The ability to set up and configure hardware devices
• Experience of networking
• Knowledge of the Scrum framework
• ISTQB foundation Certification
To fit with our team you must have a strong desire to deliver quality software, be interested in software testing methodologies, be constantly developing your technical skill set and be a very strong team player.