Our multi-national client is currently recruiting for an experienced Software Tester for an initial six month (rolling contract) within a regulated environment in Limerick.
• Provide input & leadership to the project team as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing & executing test procedures & test cases).
• Provide guidance to the project team about functionality & quality in relation to the testing approach.
• Report regularly on the test metrics & escalate issues as appropriate.
• Review specification documents with the project team so that accurate & comprehensive test plans can be created.
• Ensure deployed software meets expectations & have frequent reviews with the project team on the status & results of testing.
• Competent in the use of test automation & test tracking tools to maximise productivity during the regression testing & performance testing phases of the project.
• Recommend & develop improvements to the current testing process.
• Manage priorities & set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
• Take ownership over incoming support issues & where possible learn how to apply simple production fixes or direct to the correct internal resource.
• May be required to work in excess of the normal working day to achieve a particular project deadline
• May be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
Skills & Experience:
• 4+ cumulative years system-testing experience (not localisation) with particular emphasis on web based testing.
• Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
• Experience with regression, integration and system level test execution.
• Experience with test automation tools such as Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), HP Quick Test Professional, Selenium or similar tools.
• Working knowledge of performance / load testing tools Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition) or similar
• Experience in the use of defect tracking tools.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Ability to understand how an application is architected and understanding of where to go looking for issues
• Experience in dealing with data and understanding of SQL would be highly beneficial.
• Self-starter, proactive, with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
Mix of both Manual & Automation experience
HP ALM experience
Manufacturing experience desirable
Oracle database experience desirable