Embedded Software Engineer
Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of embedded systems application software in adherence with standards, processes and best practices.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Liaise with clients, industry experts and other stakeholders in order to collect and document technical requirements.
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable embedded software solutions in accordance with technical requirements specifications and design artifacts on time and within budget.
• Carry out the test and release of software revisions for the embedded hardware platform.
• Work with the team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions.
• Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency.
Required Experience and Skills
• A minimum of up to 1 years’ professional experience is required.
• Knowledge of common industry standard best embedded programming practices.
• Experience in PLC, softPLC or micro-controller application development
• Knowledge of industrial automation communication protocols
• Knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies
• Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative work environment as a team player
• Ability to learn and deploy new technologies as needed.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to work with cross functional teams
• Programming languages: C/C++, Structured Text, XML, HTTP
• A qualification in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other energy related field is highly desirable.
• The following experience would be advantageous:
• Fieldbus protocols (e.g. Modbus RTU/TCP, PROFIBUS, CAN bus)
• Working with CODESYS environment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering Information Systems, Information Technology.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.