Our client are a leading multinational company based in North Dublin. They have an immediate requirement for an IT Project Manager within their International IT PMO, to administer and manage the delivery of IT projects, and ensuring conformance to their IT project delivery process.
The role is offered initially as a 6 month contract but there is a possibility of further extensions.
• Create analytical documents and reports, such as, but not limited to, project plans, project status reports, issue, action and risk logs.
• Manage IT Projects and track task execution ensuring alignment with expected duration, completeness and cost.
• When project remediation is required, work with other IT resources to develop requirements in response to the changes requested.
• Manage stakeholder expectations as to project scope, schedule and cost.
• Facilitate issue resolutions between Global team members in a manner that keeps everyone productive, motivated and focused on project deliverables.
• Assist with coordination of system testing, user acceptance testing, training and go live support activities.
• Follow the established PMO framework and methodologies for managing projects.
• Support the IT Portfolio Manager in ensuring standards are maintained across the portfolio on how projects are run, ensuring the tracking and remediation of audit issues related to project execution.
• Acting as a single point of contact, handle all queries about your responsible area within the International IT PMO, in a professional and timely manner.
• Oversee and approve technical specifications and high-level business documentation
• Liaise between internal and vendor technical teams
The Ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or another related field.
• Minimum 8+ years’ experience as a Project Manager within the IT function
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience Project Managing software delivery/implementations within a global organisation
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with great attention to detail
• Comprehensive understanding and experience of both waterfall and agile software development approaches
• Holder of a PMI qualification (PMP, PgMP)
• Proficient in English both oral and written. Additional language skills will set the candidate part.
• Proficient at developing and delivery presentations with excellent meeting management skills. Ability to manage senior stakeholder expectations.
• Ability to work to deadlines and under own initiative as part of a dynamic team.
• Proficient with of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
• Availability to travel Internationally up to 40%
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly respected company. For more detail please contact Derek Smyth on 6621000, or simply submit your CV today through the link.