Our client is a global financial services firm with a significant technology team in Dublin. You will have strong experience with Python preferably and commercial experience delivering medium to large scale high performance cloud solutions.
They are seeking a talented, highly motivated software engineer with extensive experience in design, development and deployment of on premises and cloud based solutions who will be instrumental in the ongoing development of their best-in-class risk systems. The successful candidate will work closely with Development, Infrastructure and Platform Services teams to design and implement a deployment strategy for one of the most critical components of their internal risk modelling systems. This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach who wishes to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment.
If you are eager to work with a dynamic team, to gain experience in deployment of high-performance risk modelling applications and push forward with technologies like Redis, RabbitMQ, React, Redshift, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Celery and various Python frameworks, this job is definitely for you!
• To design & implement a deployment strategy using mainstream cloud services provides including networking, security, data storage and transfer, automation and monitoring aspects.
• To design & implement a hybrid container infrastructure that will work on-premises and cloud providers.
• To support development teams with implementation of cloud-ready applications.
• To contribute to the technological and methodological direction of Risk Systems in support of business strategies.
The successful candidate will have:
• Commercial experience in medium-to-large scale cloud deployment of high-performance applications. The role requires the ability to deliver scalable, future-proof solutions, work with legacy code and integrate cross-platform systems.
• Passion for automation, testing, continuous delivery and choosing the best tool for the job.
• Solid Linux, scripting and networking background.
• Extensive experience Python development is advantageous.
• Experience with distributed system technologies, including RabbitMQ, RESTful web services, ELK stack, Flask, Celery or similar.
• Good knowledge of deployment and configuration options for relational databases (MS SQL Server, Postgres, Actian Matrix) and NoSQL stores (Redis, Mongo).
• Experience of using Ansible (or similar configuration management tools).
• Experience of building/retrofitting effective instrumentation (monitoring/metrics) for existing applications is advantageous
• General problem solving mentality. The ability to collaborate with different teams on solutions for a variety of different business, code & data related problems.
• Strong communication skills.
• Prior experience in working in Financial Services/Insurance industry is a plus.
To apply for the Python Software Engineer – Cloud Solutions role, please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000 or click on apply now.