Be the Difference in Software Engineering
Our client is looking for a highly talented Senior Software Engineer with a passion for delivering software products supporting the patient care continuum to join their Biosciences function. You are self-motivated, innovative and confident in developing differentiating solutions. You are a strong team member and collaborate effectively with your project team to achieve a high quality products within the scheduled work. You are experienced in full software development lifecycle and adherence to a quality management system.
Be the Senior Software Engineer
* Apply your software engineering prowess to creating powerful, fluid representations of the results from our life science research and clinical solutions in the growing fields of flow cytometry.
* Innovate at all levels of our products from instrument control, through a well-architected app, to a modern front-end. You will work with like-minded professionals to create the highest quality software solutions.
* Be capable of working independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components, and also have the capacity to mentor others including presenting/participating in design reviews and code inspections
* Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
* BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in software development.
* A strong understanding of Design patterns, Data structures, OOP & OOD concepts and algorithms and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
* Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
* Experience with and proficiency in:
* Databases such as MS SQL Server, Entity Framework and/or LINQ
* Developing Service-Oriented Architectures and Restful Interfaces
* Additionally, experience with C++ would be an advantage
* Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
* Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus